archive recent posts FOLLOW BLOG
/ Wednesday 3 February 2016 @21:42 /

Hi, it's been exactly a month.

You would've realised that I haven't posted since the death of my rabbit. Although I was posting on my social media and all, I was having a hard time coping with the death of my little rabbit. For the most part I was really anxious because the death was so sudden we weren't sure the cause of it, so I became increasingly worried for my other rabbit. It also didn't help that I went on holiday a couple weeks later and had to leave him with relatives. Sure this worry is making me look after him better but at times it can be super irrational and hard to cope with.

To deal with this constant worry and restlessness (is that a word?) I've started to journal more and I thought I would start blogging again, especially since uni is coming up again. Hopefully this will help to soothe my uneasiness, not just for my rabbit but for school and my personal life in general.

Since I last posted I was sure I was going to attend Macquarie University but then I had a sudden change of heart. My atar was a complete surprise to me because I doubted my performance during the HSC and I didn't believed that I would be able to go to any other university. Once my marks came out I had so many choices and I kept tossing between staying at MQ and going some where different. 

On the last day of finalising university preferences I finally made the choice of putting University of Sydney as my first preference. With a lot of research and a little convincing from Laura I felt University of Sydney was the one for me. I came to this conclusion because, although I really did love MQ, the thing that set USYD apart from it was being able to get a TESOL certification in my final year. 

For those who don't know, TESOL stands for Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (god that's a mouthful). A TESOL certification is internationally recognised and allows you to teach English to both children and adults. In most Universities you have to do this separate to your degree but at USYD it's included into your education degree, which is what eventually won me over. I wanted to get a TESOL degree because I wanted to have the opportunity to teach all over the world and if there was the chance that I couldn't find a job in Australia, I would still be able to pursue teaching in other countries. It also opens doors to working with non-english speakers in Australia such as refugees, which is something I've really wanted to do for a very long time. 

So at USYD I am majoring in English and minoring in History (Modern) and I am honestly so excited. All my units sound super interesting and I am really excited. Again with the excitement there is still an element of anxiety but I think that if I remain open minded and willing to learn, each new experience will be valuable.


Text it








◄ Older Posts Newer Posts ►
Hello
ADV // 20
contents © (https://anxious-ash.blogspot.com.au/) 2011